Recently, we’ve seen quite a bit of coverage of both Spark and Shark in the news. I wanted to list some of the more recent articles, for readers interested in learning more.
- Curt Monash, editor of the popular DBMS2 blog, wrote a great introduction to Spark and Shark, as well as a more detailed technical overview.
- Silicon Angle covered Spark and Shark after our presentation at Amazon re:Invent.
- Datanami highlighted Shark in its survey of big data research projects.
- O’Reilly’s Strata blog recently covered Spark, Shark, and the Spark 0.6 release.
- DataInformed interviewed two Spark users and wrote about their applications in anomaly detection, predictive analytics and data mining.
In other news, there will be a full day of tutorials on Spark and Shark at the O’Reilly Strata conference in February. They include a three-hour introduction to Spark, Shark and BDAS Tuesday morning, and a three-hour hands-on exercise session.